What are 2D CAD Services?
For many people when they think about having a building designed they imagine an architect or designer drawing by hand a set of blueprints for the construction of the building. While technology has moved on considerably since the days of the drawing board, there is still a place in the building services industry for 2D CAD services.
Computer Aided Design or CAD has been around since the first computers were used in the 1970s. Initially, it was a way to reproduce and ultimately replace manual draughting by hand, but soon the cost benefits of CAD began to become apparent. The benefit of CAD systems over manual drafting are the competencies we take for granted from CAD systems today; automated generation of the cost of materials, increased accuracy of designs, greater visualisation with 3D representations amongst many others.
Today, designers, architects and engineers face many challenges. With structures, designs and workflows becoming more developed and complex, clients are demanding greater value for money and environmental efficiencies being the order of the day; well considered and expert CAD design can make a significant difference to the successful delivery of your construction project.
Employing the services of an expert, flexible and proactive CAD Design Company, such as The CAD Room, can be incredibly valuable; with the benefits speaking for themselves from right before the first brick is laid, right through the entire lifecycle of the building.
The benefits of using CAD design for your business include:
- Developing higher quality, more accurate and responsive designs
- Using both CAD and BIM based workflows for intelligent design
- Visualising the end product and improving collaboration
- Exploration of design options for cost efficiency and usability
- Gaining greater end design visibility earlier in the process
- Making more informed design decisions
- Creating more efficient buildings utilising energy analysis tools
- Helping to resolve conflicts before construction
- Determining the complexity of the project and cost of labour and materials required
- Improvement in the accuracy of forecasting expected costs
- Evaluating the cost of design alternatives
- Maintaining more accurate budgets
- Designing with intelligent, information-rich BIM compliant models
- Documenting the project more accurately, from initial design to fabrication
CAD design offers the client and all project stakeholders a unique insight into the design of the building or structure, giving them the ability to test out the stress factors and tolerances of a building before the build begins, saving time, money and anticipating potentially troublesome problems arising before it’s too late.
For more information about 2D and 3D CAD Services and BIM Compliance, visit The CAD Room website at https://www.thecadroom.com/ or phone 0161 427 0348. We have offices in Stockport, Manchester, but work with clients all around the UK including London and Leeds.